Public Transit NOT in Ontario
If you have ever wondered why Public Transit is a mess in the city that everyone brags is “World-Class” but isn’t, start here:-
The debates continue about at least three major forms of public transit. Now we are waiting for the 9-Year, 6-Kilometre, $3-Billion but only 1Stop Subway Extension to balloon to $5B so that we can get rid of the inane suggestion (it isn’t a Plan) and make sure we have lost yet another 4 years of Development.
Note in just one paragraph the parties involved, and this doesn’t include the public who need the Transit, or the politicians who, surprise surprise, are digging for votes:-
(1) Metrolinx, a provincial (in all senses of the term) agency
(2) GO Transit – a bus and almost-train service overseen, we are told, by Metrolinx
(3) The Toronto Transit Commission, a willful and petulant brat with self-centred ideas of its own (The Toronto Transit Commission believes that nobody lives north of Steeles Avenue!)
(4) The Mayor. (please see “digging for votes” above)
(5) The Province – one of the two authorities with a purse with strings.
Then of course we have the Feds(6), but they didn’t rate a mention in the paragraph.
Too many Cocks spoil the Brothel, I think it is.